Thursday, September 2, 2010

Sister Act Philosophy

So here's the thing...

Ever since I was young, all I've wanted to do is sing.  Any day I get to make music is a good day, and any day I can't is a bad one.  I love singing.  Love, love, love it.

And I've fought it.  I've been told by more than one person how hard the industry is, how it'll eat me alive, how I'm too this or too that, not this enough, not that enough.  And after nearly 28 years of being told what I can't do, do you know what I have to say?  I don't care.

I don't care if anyone tells me I'm too fat to be seen as sexy, not clearly enough in a niche, not marketable.  I want to sing.  I want to be a singer.  I want my job to be writing and recording and singing and performing.  And I'm going to make it happen.  And if anyone tells me I can't, all I'll tell them is: watch me.

1 comment: