I am incredibly emotional and morose today, and so to cheer myself up, I'm going to write out a list of stuff that makes me happy.
1) Office Supplies. I really love Office Supplies, and one of my favorite things about my job is that I get to order them every week. Pens, Pencils, Markers, Folders, Binders.... going through Staples with me is like watching a kid in a candy store.
2) The Beatles. There's something about their music that I find incredibly comforting and sentimental. Maybe its because my dad loves them, or so many other important men in my life. Whatever the reason, I always feel a little better when John, Paul, George, and yes even Ringo sing me to sleep.
3) The color purple. I love purple. You could seriously hand me a piece of purple construction paper, say, "I thought of you because its purple." And I'd be on cloud nine. Not lavender, mind you, PURPLE!
4) Coffee. I love coffee. I love it fancy, simple, in between. Oh, and I take it like I like my men: pale and sweet. My male roommate says he likes his coffee like he likes is Presidents: Kenyan with a little cream. No matter your political leanings, its funny!
5) Star Wars. That's the original series, mind you. As far as I'm concerned, there are three Star Wars Movies, two Indiana Jones Movies, two Terminator Movies, and its such a shame they never made a sequel to the Matrix.
6) Making fun of bad sequels. Maybe I'm a heartless bitch for mocking the efforts of so many people, but really, Hollywood's been doing this a long time, you'd think they'd have learned by now. But then, I suppose bad sequels have been a Hollywood staple forever.
7) Big Bang Theory. Finally, a show about me and my friends.
8) itmademyday.com If you haven't discovered this little gem of the internet, go. Go now.
9) Speaking of internet gems:
10) Friends. I always, always, always have to be thankful to and grateful for my fabulous, wonderful, loving, generous, supportive, insane, crazy, commitable, lovable, amazing friends.
This is the self-rescuing princess, armed today with coffee, lots of office supplies, Beatles in the background, and a box of tissues, signing off until next time.