Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Turkey Day Poem

It's Turkey Day, a thankful time when families gather close,
A good time to reflect upon the things that matter most.
While shoppers plan to hit the stores in bargain-hunting sprees,
I’ll sit back and reflect upon what matters most to me.

I’m thankful for the internet, with all its trolls and memes,
And I’m thankful for John Williams, and the movies that he themes.
I’m glad Lucas made Star Wars, when I look up at the sky,
And I’m thankful for the prequels, though I couldn’t tell you why.

I give thanks for Batman, Spiderman, and X-Men too,
Thanks also for Mike Meyers, and the phrase, “Who throws a shoe?!”
Cheers for Frodo, Gandalf, and the Fellowship to boot,
And thanks for terrible pirates with only one shot left to shoot.

Thanks for World of Warcraft, for Alliance and for the Horde,
I’m thankful that with my Blackberry, I’m never really bored.
Thanks for robot vacuums, Netflix, BluRay and HD.
And thanks for gaming consoles where the controller is me.

Thanks for Rowling, Shakespeare, Wilde, Austen, and Tolkien,
And here’s to all the authors brilliant who’s works we haven’t yet seen.
I’m thankful that I live exactly here and now to see
All the things I’m thankful for, and that they exist for me.

Bust most of all, dear readers, it is you I’m thankful for.
I have fifteen whole subscribers, but I still could use some more.
So please enjoy your Turkey day, with food that never ends.
And if you liked this poem, well then please: go tell your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment